Monday, November 12, 2007

Honor your mother

This weekend, we drove to Ohio to have a quick visit with my parents. We arrived around midnight Friday night, and left around 2pm on Sunday. The 14 hour round trip can get long with two smallish children. Especially this time of year as we had to travel in the dark for most of both trips.
So to pass the time, I bring along movies, books, CDs, toys, lots of food, etc.
Yesterday evening, we were listening to a kid's CD by Steve Green. He takes scripture and puts it to song - very catchy tunes. We listened to the 'Honor your Father and your Mother' song and Shann and I joked that we should have this softly playing in their rooms each night to get it to sink in! After this was over, I had to turn on the light to find someone's fallen cup. After I turned it off, Alyssa kept yelling "ON!,ON!". She wanted me to turn the light back on. Caden chimed in with "Alyssa, HONOR YOUR MOTHER!" They went back and forth, yelling
"ON!"
"HONOR YOUR MOTHER!"
"ON!"
"Alyssa, I SAID HONOR YOUR MOTHER!"
And so on.
I guess something sunk in!

No comments: