Monday, May 12, 2008

Week 19

Magical, isn't it? I know very few of you agree, but I'm quite sure several of you feel the same as me. This week, week 19, is the week my parents own a timeshare in Hilton Head, SC. We've traded it this year for a week in the Poconos in July so that my sister and her family can join us when they come home from China. And Hilton Head sure wouldn't be the same without them.

But this week, I'm dreaming of Hilton Head. For the last many years, we've been in the church in Hilton Head on Mother's Day. We always laugh about how that pastor only ever preaches about mothers. I think about how the frogs sound in the lagoon at night. About biking through the golf courses in the twilight, trying not to get hit by the sprinklers. About spotting our alligator, Albert, who grows every year. About playing in the pool. About going to the Monday night free dinner by the not-as-nice-as-ours pool. About sitting in the hot tub under the live oaks. About riding on the bike path to the beach carrying an amazing amount of beach gear. About walking around Caligny, eating Rita's. About sharing the cooking. About our night out. About playing games at night. I could go on and on.

It is one of my very favorite weeks of the year.
Week 19, we'll be back someday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, oh my, I can see that I wasn't feeling nearly sad enough! You described so many sweet memories! Love, Mom

Heather said...

Yes, this nearly made ME cry!!! But I am leaving for the beach (in the rain) in an hour or so, so I'll get over it.

Nothing will beat spending the week with your sister this summer. And perhaps they have Rita's in the poconos.
xox