Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mercies

I had literally JUST stepped into a hot shower this morning, when I heard, piercing through the rush of the water: "Mom, Alyssa wet her pants!" Ugh.
Regretfully, I turned of the wonderful water, hastily dried off, and put on my normally cozy bath robe, which was NOT cozy at the moment since I was not fully dry.
I stomped out of the bathroom in search of the perpetrator, grabbed her and wiped her off, dressed her through gritted teeth, and cleaned up the carpet.
When I got back into the shower, I thought how I'm supposed to be kind and gracious when she has an accident, encouraging her to do better the next time. But I've exhausted the niceties. My mercies are definitely NOT new every morning like the other One we know and love. Good thing His are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, mercies are new every morning! You will look back on that incident with much mirth! Mom