Monday, June 1, 2009

Back to China

I know we've been home for 6 weeks, but I'd forgotten to post the rest of the pictures from Lynne and Scott's local superstore, Carrefour. I couldn't leave these out. Here, Lynne shows off the soy sauce aisle. Yes, an entire aisle. There were many, many kinds of fruit and vegetables that are not here - we tried a few different kinds...there were about 8 different varieties of mango. I'm picking some tiny mangos below.
Some sort of cucumber you buy a slice of.
These piggies are steamed buns. Cute. But completely tasteless.

Pig's foot, anyone?
Pick your own chicken out of the pile...


squid?
I don't know what to call these...
Cute costumed coffee demonstrator.
some sort of meat candy.


Shrimp potato chips?

Up discount?
The mountain of jello! Fill a bag with the flavors of your choice!
More like jello shots, really.
See these ladies? Each one is an employee in charge of the section they're in front of. For example, a Loreal girl, a Revlon girl, etc. I would think this would be daunting to walk down the aisle with them trying to convince you to buy from them. And pretty boring for the employees!
Ok, I'm really done with China - I just thought it was funny that in this superstore I found the culture so different than your run-of-the-mill Super Walmart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes! So many differences. That is what makes visiting China such spectacular event. mom