Saturday, July 24, 2010

I expect an apology...

Some day. It might be 25 or 30 years from now, but I'll be waiting. I've recently heard from both of my kids, at different times, statements such as "Why do I have to do everything?", and "Why am I the only person who has to clean up?".

OH. MY.
I must confess that one day I did go on a bit of a rant about all the things I do, which I suppose every mother does at some point when she is told this by her small child who has no idea how much work is involved in any adult life. I even brought out the "would you like to see what it would really be like for you to do everything?"
I guess I'll just take this time to apologize to my own mother as I remember feeling miffed when she asked me to pick up my underwear any number of times in the bathroom when I felt she could've easily done it too. So Mom, I'm sorry for complaining about the comparatively minuscule tasks I was asked to do. I wish I could go back to that 'to do' list now.
I know eventually they'll come to the realization that they have it pretty good right now. Its just a long wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, how sweet it is! Love, Mom