Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Witness


I got to be a small part of something last night that was very special. It was like nothing I've seen before, and like nothing I may ever see again. I got to witness our great friends, Jay and Amy, meet their long-awaited child. This child for whom they've been preparing and praying for years. A child they've dreamed of, longed for and wondered when the Lord would finally bring him into their lives. It was SO emotional. I'll never forget it.
I'll never forget how they looked in the dark grainy picture above, waiting for the first glimpse of him. This experience helped me see just a bit of how God must feel about each of his children when they Finally turn to him. This child he created; this child he has longed for. And when they come into his arms, and call him Father, what incredible joy he must feel.
He feels that way about you. And me. Amazing.

No comments: