Sunday, January 11, 2009

Manners

Place: My parent's home, Ohio
Event: Gift opening with my family

Caden is eyeing a large gift at the back of the tree, which he has not yet received. He is starting to get agitated. Others are opening gifts. Not yet him. He is really trying to be patient. Finally he receives a gift from my sister. Thrilled, he tears it open. It is a shirt. His eyes get a little red. He puts it down, dejected.
I whisper to him that he needs to say thank you. Very close to tears, and very politely, he says with feeling, "No thank you!".

One of my prouder parenting moments. Luckily, my sister thought this was funny. Yikes.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I'm still laughing about it!

How is he doing with the Kid K'nex? They were a nicer gift for an aunt to give than a shirt. :-)