Thursday, January 29, 2009

Murphy strikes again


Alyssa is for the most part, potty trained. It was a long road, but we're pretty much there. I've still been putting a diaper on her at night for my own peace of mind, but she hasn't wet a diaper in months. So last night I decided that we'd try sans diaper. I put one of those hospital pads under her (I still had a couple from when she was born). I do have a plastic mattress cover, but I admit, I was too lazy to put it on since I'd just washed her sheets. I figured I'd just put it on when I changed them.
I'm sure you can guess the next part. At 5a.m. this morning, this wail pierced my dreams: "Mom, I just peed in my bed!!!" I went into her room to find, that she had not only wet the bed, but my handy hospital pad was pushed to one side. She missed it completely.

So after cleaning up as well as I could in the middle of the night, I went back to bed, pondering the fact that I had to choose this particular night to decide she didn't need diapers.
Well, now I have the sheets off the bed. I guess its a good time to put the plastic cover on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes! How well I remember those days! Mom

Heather said...

She'll get there!!! I'm not looking forward to potty training Delaney. Right now she is afraid of poop. :)