Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Premillenialist in the backseat

It doesn't happen often. But when kids have deep discussions, it pays to stop everything and listen in.
I had the privilege of overhearing a debate on end times doctrine between my 9 year-old niece, Madelyn, her 5 year-old sister, Gwen, and Caden. I don't know how it started, but here is what I heard:
Madelyn: "Guys, Jesus is coming back to earth to reign for 1000 years. And we're coming back with him."
Caden: "No He isn't! And once we go up to heaven, we stay there!"
The bantering went back and forth a bit until I interjected that some things we won't know until they happen. But what moved me was that these young children are certain that when life is over here on earth, they'll be with Jesus.
How many adults are afraid of conversations like this? Or how many adults can say that they're certain they'll spend eternity with Jesus?
There is nothing as cool as little believers, don't you think?