Friday, November 20, 2009

Early Christmas

This year, Caden has been VERY into figuring out what his Christmas presents are. He has been trying to find my list, cajoling me to tell him secrets, and trying to figure out where things have been hidden. Hoping to head off snooping, I've now told him that if he goes looking, and happens upon his gifts, that he can be sure he won't be receiving them for Christmas.

In the car a few days ago out of the blue, he said to me, "I just think people should have my Christmas gifts ready". I told him, that not only is Christmas many weeks away, but also, we have no idea if they have them ready! And of course, why should they have them ready?
He didn't really have an answer, of course, just reiterated a sense of feeling like 'they just should have them ready'.

I sort of know this feeling. Do you ever feel like asking how people are coming on your gift list? Ah well, it looks like we could use a reorientation to "The Reason".

No comments: