Sunday, November 1, 2009

Marooned

I'm at the end of a rather long week. Mon and Tues I didn't have a vehicle. By Wednesday I had the use of my car back, but Caden was sick. Alyssa licked a couple of medicine bottles, and (Caden tells me, she licked him too) by Thursday, she was sick. Both of them had fevers, coughing, and Caden's nose has been a faucet (he declared that no one had probably ever had coughing AND their nose running a lot at the same time). Of course, I haven't been sleeping all that well as I've gotten up several times each night to get tissues, get a drink, or administer medicine. Oh, also Caden tends to gag when he gets coughing deeply, so we've been getting to clean up vomit as well. So fun.
Although both of them are still coughing, we're definitely on the mend. I have some hope that I'll be able to go places this coming week.
Shann and I often say to each other how deeply thankful we are to have healthy children. Some parents deal with this and much more difficult illnesses all the time! After having a tiring, germ-ridden, boring, snotty week, to all you parents who deal with often or always ill children, I salute you.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Through all of that and your attitude is awesome. I guess Halloween was out. Hope YOU stay well and the kids get better fast.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! It is a wonderful time for gratefulness isn't it! Mom