Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Knock, knock, please help

Caden and Alyssa are trying to get the hang of knock knock jokes. Usually the jokester is still trying to make up the punch line during the telling, so it can get rather tedious. I've told them countless times that one must be very clever to make up a funny joke, and that its much easier to learn a joke and retell it. However, they persist.
The other night, after many knock knocks that made little sense, Caden said, "Ok mom, here is a classic!" I thought perhaps I'd get one that Shann had taught him. It went like this.
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Present.
Present who?
I have a pleasant inside me.

Really? Thats a classic, huh?
So having become quite weary of hearing these mind-numbing 'jokes', I'm asking for some input on some easy to learn knock knock jokes. Thank you for considering my plea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am dealing with the same thing-only not times two. Yet! Our classic is Knock, Knock. Who's there? Boo. Boo Hoo? Why are you crying??? This gets really old and I should warn you, turns into a variety of different versions after a while. Not much hope, huh? But it still makes me chuckle the FIRST time. :) Good luck! Jess N.

artpainter said...

Try teaching for a day and see how many made up knock knock jokes you hear...I can completely relate! Then, they try to out-do one another. But THEY think their answers are the most hilarious things they've ever heard. =)
It reaches epic proportions around Halloween - around there, they have to tell a joke instead of saying "Trick or Treat."

April Stoudt said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I spent a good share of my day listening to knock, knock jokes that made absolutely no sense. At all.

Amy said...

Here are two from my childhood:
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Dwayne.
Dwayne who?
Dwayne the tub, I'm dwowning!

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Matthew.
Matthew who?
Matthew lace is untied!
Enjoy! Amy R.