Thursday, June 17, 2010

When will we grow up?

This morning, I listened with a little woe to Caden asking God to give him another package of silly bands. I thought about the many silly and frivolous prayers I've offered up to God over the years, and wondered if he rolls His eyes like I did when I heard Caden's shallow prayer. I think sometimes we use the excuse of "God cares about the tiny details of our lives" to pray selfishly. To ask for more stuff.

After breakfast, Caden had to copy 6 times, "I will please God with my words" becauase of an earlier incident. I've never had him do this, but I think its hitting home. A couple times he said, "I'm really sad I used those words." And then a minute ago, he said, "Mom, I think my heart is full of sin." We talked about how everyone's hearts are full of sin, but God sees us as forgiven and clean after we've asked for forgiveness!

I know God looks upon us as forgiven. But he also knows we're still so childlike, asking for things like silly bands and perhaps a soaking tub in one's next home (hypothetically speaking). :)

2 comments:

Ruth Buck said...

Oh how right you are!!

(I'd like a tub I could FIT in!)

Love you.

Ruth Buck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.