Thursday, May 5, 2011

I do love this part!


We drove in the van listening to the kids watching a Veggie Tales DVD that they've seen many times before. And about every 5 seconds or so, Alyssa would say, "I love this part!" I lost count around the 23rd time. Kids find familiarity so comforting, don't they? The same movie. The same book. The same routine. How can I be that way? Why can they find it so wonderful and I find it boring?


I struggle with looking forward to the next phase in life, so much so that I don't always look about at my favorite parts of whats happening right now. I'd like to get good at appreciating the Now, so one day, I don't look back and realize that I missed my favorite part!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Made me cry. Thanks for the great reminder! I do love this part... remind me what part it is again? Seems like a lot of parts at once! :-)

Anonymous said...

How very true! Sometimes it is a matter of relaxing into the moment. I know when I am not doing it and I am not sure why. Mom

Mark said...

Mindy and I had a conversation last night about enjoying the absolute and utter cuteness of Isaac, while living through the perpetual messiness of the house. We are also looking forward to slightly higher complexity in his words. You do get tired of "Daddy car ride, Daddy car ride... Mommy car ride...etc.