Saturday, March 3, 2012

Birthday songs

I was serenaded many times yesterday. In the car, Alyssa started making up songs for me. Then it was Caden's turn, then Daddy, and back around. Each person had different flavors. Lissy's were very sweet, and Daddy's were funny, although Caden remarked that Daddy's were from the brain, not the heart! By the time Caden was making up his second song, lyrics were harder to come by. Here are a few I recall:

You don't need a dress
You don't need make-up
You don't need anything to be pretty
Cause I look at the heart.

You're unusual, you're unusual
But not like you're thinking
You're unusual, You're like a star in the sky
Your heart is not black, but white
Not black, no not black

You're the best woman I've ever seen!
bom, bom, bom, BOM!


This version of the birthday song might just catch on. You wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caden, always the one to analyze the words! What fun!! Mom