Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The search for the perfect jeans

I own 17 pairs of jeans. Somehow I always feel, though, that I haven't quite arrived at the holy grail of Jeandom. Its always something...they aren't dark enough, skinny enough, huggy enough, roomy enough, casual enough, short enough, comfortable enough...or something. I should say, that I've only purchased a handful of these jeans, and of those I've purchased, probably only 5 have been at retail price. And those 5 have probably been from Old Navy for 8 to 12...maybe 20 dollars. Most of the others have come from clothing swaps. So perhaps I'm suffering from quantity over quality.
Don't you feel that the color is paramount? I feel that the color can so easily be nerdy if you aren't careful. I have the ideal color in my mind...kind of a medium darkish blue. But the weave or thickness of the denim can throw that off so fast that we're back to nerdville. And then there are the seams. These can be all wrong as well.
Recently I leapt into (or more like slunk into) the world of the skinny jean. I even found myself justifying my purchase to the sales girl, being that she was about my age.  I'd held off for so long - for reason of age and body shape, but finally gave in for reason of boots. I like these newest ones, but no, these were not the jean to end my quest.

Help. Do you have a favorite brand or type within brand that you swear by? Or maybe there is no Holy Grail of Jeans out there. But I'm a believer. I will continue my quest until the perfect pair is found.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Ha! Love this.

You have too many jeans. I think you need to have a try on party with yourself and your full length mirror. Choose your favorites... can you cut the number down by half?

I really like a pair of Old Navy Rockstar stretchy jeans I got last fall. They are as comfortable as sweats. They are not skinny but nicely fitted. They were inexpensive. However, after probably 20 some washes, they did stretch out a little weirdly in a few places. Maybe they are a one season thing. Not the Holy Grail, but good.

Also like the 1969 fit from GAP. Is kind of a classic style. Fitted by waist measurement. Has worked well for me.

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?
My website goes over a lot of the same subjects as
yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.

If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to
hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!

Feel free to surf to my web blog diet plans for women

Anonymous said...

Very Funny! I swear by the "pajama jeans" as Dawn Molnar calls them! Huggy but very comfortable! Mom