Thursday, September 13, 2007

Today

...the horrible very bad no good day. Or however that goes. In our house today, there was a great deal of whining, quarelling, pushing, crying, blaming, yelling, and gritting of teeth. The last one was mostly me.

One high point was, as we were leaving Walmart, Alyssa was crying about wanting to get in the airplane ride. The greeter lady said to her, "aww, what did she do to you?" Yeah, that really lifted my spirits. But Caden stood up for me. He said "nothing!"

Shortly afterwards, in the car, Caden took up the relay, and was whining about something. I told him to stop several times. Then I finally yelled "I've had it! No more whining or crying!Thats enough!" I don't usually get to this decibel. I think I must've broken through somewhere, because, for a couple blessed moments, it was silent.

I know, I know, these years go quickly. But I think God was thinking when he decided that years should go quickly. As much as I love them, I really wouldn't want to be stuck with them at this age for a long time. As a lot of you well know...its intense.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Sarah, I totally understand your situation! There were times when I also "let her rip". If it happens seldom, when it does, it can have quite an effect! N.E.