Tuesday, September 11, 2007

trust

Yesterday, I told Caden to clean up his room. He was not of a mind to do this. He sobbed, "you make me do things I don't want to do!" I thought to myself, 'then I'm succeding in some small way as your mom!'
I helped him get started and then went downstairs to continue making dinner. A couple minutes later, he came to the landing, eyes shining. "Mom, come see how clean my room is!" I ran up, and indeed, he had done a great job. I told him what a fabulous job he had done, and how neat it looked. He was round-eyed with pleasure at my compliments.

It seems like we say to Caden so frequently, ''We have your best interests in mind, you must listen right away!" This is so often our point of view with God - we have no idea what the plan is, or what he is trying to teach us, so we resist, and cry, "you make me do things I don't want to do!" But He tells us He plans for a future and a hope! Why do we always forget this?

No comments: