Friday, December 7, 2007

Morning Girl?

Yesterday morning I heard Alyssa talking to herself in her crib. So I went in to get her, and she said "I still seeping! Go 'way!" She is often reluctant to get out of her crib - I think she may not be a morning person. Although it is really cozy in there!

A few days ago, I realized that when Caden was Alyssa's current age, he was sleeping in a 'big boy bed'. So I thought perhaps I'd put the side down on her crib, and start talking about what a big girl she is(with the side all the way down, there is still a rail at least 15 inches up from the mattress). So we tried this at nap time. She seemed excited. Then a few minutes after I'd put them both down for naps, I heard running in the upstairs hallway, and then chatting in Caden's room. Huh. I ran up, and Alyssa Jane had decided to go visiting. No more big girl crib. Back to sides all the way up. Maybe we'll try again in a couple months.

No comments: