Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Revelation


Tonight at church I told the 3, 4, and 5 year olds the story of Elijah when he was waiting for God to speak to him. First, there were great winds. Then there was an earthquake. Then there was fire. God did not speak to him in any of these. But then there was a gentle wisper. And in that, Elijah heard God. I told them how God can speak any way he wants to, but we must be still and listen for his voice.
So on the way home, Caden was ready to hear. We talked a little more about it, and then he said "Every one be quiet, I want to hear God speak!". We all got quiet, and he said "Ok God..." It was quiet for a minute, and then Caden announced "He said to be grateful and be kind to Alyssa!"
He was so excited and so ready to hear from God again. Pray with me that he doesn't lose this childish faith, and he helps me to grow in mine!

No comments: