Wednesday, May 5, 2010

pushed...in a good direction

Caden has a friend whose backyard backs up to ours. The boys often talk through the fence, trading toys and sometimes playing in each other's yards. The other day, Caden ran in and said, panicked, "Mom, Tyler doesn't know the Lord!" I coached him on a few things he could say. Then yesterday, he ran in after speaking with Tyler again, and said, "Tyler says his mom and dad don't know God either! You have to go up there and tell them!"
Now I'm panicked. What has Tyler said to his parents? How can I do this and not freak out my neighbors and yet fulfill my responsibility and be a good example to my son?
My mom suggested I pray with Caden about an opportunity to talk with Tyler's parents, and also ask God to give us some ideas on how to share with them. I think this is a good idea too - I just hope Caden doesn't go tell Tyler that I'm praying for an opening to talk to his mom about Jesus.
But its a good thing, obviously. I need to have a sense of urgency to share my faith. However, Caden's intense desire to tell others was much more comfortable to me when he was only aware of Mr. Wu (a friend of my sister's family), in China, who needs the Lord!

1 comment:

Ruth Buck said...

Wow....I'm not so comfy about sharing my faith, but I think that's the whole point. It's a time to lean on Jesus for his perfect timing, the words to say, and the wisdom and 'umf' to do it. I'll pray with you. Blessings on this opportunity!
LU!