Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cat lover?

I would call myself a "cat person". Not a crazy take-in-strays and hang cat pictures on my wall type, but I like cats. Unfortunately, I don't have one, as Shann claims to be allergic.:) Nevertheless, I love their personalities; I love that they're unpredictable - they can be aloof or affecionate. They're really rather independent, not as needy as dogs... precisely why many people prefer dogs! But I also love when they knead and purr, and twine around legs. Cats seem contented and in control.
Anyway, this is my question: Since I really do like cats (and hope to have one again some day), why is it so incredibly tiresome to me that Caden and Alyssa are constantly pretending to be kitties?
Caden is always saying in a high squeaky voice, "mommy, I'm a kitty!". Even Alyssa, out of the blue, will crawl up to me, meowing. They want me to pet them and scratch their ears. I can even get them to eat otherwise despised foods if I suggest that kitties would love it!
You would think this would please me and perhaps help me through this catless period in my life. But no - I'm annoyed! Why is that?

2 comments:

Mark Erdmann said...

Sarah, I always know where to go for a good laugh. Reading your blog is tonic, although living through the tonic is probably not very tonic. I especially love the Cadenisms.

Chelle said...

Cats - really? Hmmm, don't know if we can be friends. Well, actually I used to like cats, so maybe I kinda understand. That is so cute about Caden and Alyssa. Gabe does the same thing. Although when Gabe says he is a kitty, I tell him I don't like cats so then he switches to being a puppy:)Yes, still pretty annoying.