Monday, October 29, 2007

Medium-sized boy

After church, yesterday, we went to a couple's house for lunch that we don't know very well yet. I knew that they had 4 children, older than ours. So on the way, as we talked about it, Caden became somewhat concerned that they wouldn't have toys that he would like. "Do they know how big I am, mom?" He said this several times, and I'm wasn't sure what he was getting at. Was he trying to say that he is big, or that he isn't very big?
Then he said, "I'm a big boy, but I'm still kind of little." I thought this was funny, like, 'don't get me wrong, I'm a big boy and all, but you have to protect me, because I'm not that big!'
As it turned out, their youngest was Caden's age, and he had plenty of toys that Caden was interested in! Caden and Caleb had a great time playing with trains, cars, and 'guys'. :)

No comments: