Friday, August 1, 2008

Laughing Girl

Juline and I went to see Dr Warf, her surgeon, this morning for her second post-op visit. He was very happy with her head size - it has gone down a bit (the biggest issue being that it hasn't grown). He said she no longer has hydrocephalus! The fluid in her brain is draining correctly, and all thats left is her body has to grow into her head. Dr Warf has released her from his care. So our laughing girl is going home. I feel pretty bittersweet about this, as I knew I would. On one hand, I know the longer she is here, the harder it'll be to let her go (for all of us), and of course, her parents are missing her terribly. Also, I'd like to try to potty train Alyssa before the busyness of fall sets in. So we'll probably have her for another week. Please pray for a smooth transition for her as well as the rest of us. :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

So glad to hear all is going well for this sweet girl. Will you get to stay in touch with her and her parents?