Thursday, January 17, 2008

Resume of a small boy

I'm really starting to see some "qualities" come out that I think could be twisted into sounding fabulous for a resume. You know we've all done that on resumes ... for example, turned a newspaper delivery job into a high-powered management position with the use of the right verbiage. On Caden's resume, this is what I see:

Leader: he is the one who will be instructing others on what is best for them. (this translates into bossiness. We've been working on 'make sure the other person WANTS to do what you're asking them to do'. I'm not sure if this is a losing battle what with the 1st born personality that is built right in.)
Informer: keeping mom appraised of various arising situations. (such as: "mom, Alyssa is eating toothpaste!" and of course, he gets great satisfaction in the reporting.)

Delegator: able to include others in accomplishing tasks. (he has just discovered that he can pass things that I've told him to do right on to Alyssa. And most of the time, she'll say "OK" and do it. I've told him this is not allowed. Creative, though)

Deep Thinker: loves to contemplate things of mystery. ("Mom, I wish I was Jesus". Obviously I asked him why... "Because Mary was very pretty!" I'm not sure where to go with that one. Yesterday, it was "I wish God was my Daddy". This one was much easier! He is! Then the day before.."and why can't I marry Alyssa?")

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hilarious!!! Your blog always makes me laugh. Love the picture. The next Donald Trump, perhaps? (yikes!)