Sunday, April 5, 2009

Carrefour ...sort of like Walmart on speed

Monosodium Glutamate. MSG by the bagful. Several brands of it. I could feel my mom cringing from the other side of the planet. Barrels of rice. I guess they must eat a lot of it here.
The famous split pants. I cannot help but giggle. So funny that they clothe their children with many layers, yet have the whole bottom hanging open. Must be breezy.

Customers pick through piles of meat. Some just use their bare hands.

We saw these poor things get hacked in two while we stood there. See video.
You can see they're still breathing.

I think I'll have more odd things to post from Carrefour... there are more .

2 comments:

John and Michelle said...

Love your pictures! It seems you have more time to blog these days!

Laura said...

Carrefour is such the cultural experience. I was there twice and could have spent hours wandering around. I think my dad is cringing next to your mom at the mere mention of a bag of MSG. Great photo of the split pants -- I'm going to "borrow" that one! The breathing fish heads almost made me cry.