Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday morning bike ride

Today Lynne and Scott and Shann and I went for a long bike ride along a canal out into the country, and then back through town a bit. I was able to whip out my camera in time to catch a few unusual sites. Here is a fishing contraption. The man raised it up out of the water so we could see how its made.



Orchard..perhaps cherry trees. We weren't sure.
I thought this was neat. If you can tell, this person is working in a rice field, with an old style hat...and modern buildings in the background.

These are lots of strands of noodles! Out to dry I guess.

Beautiful canal


Live frogs and snakes for sale.

Crawdads. Alive. For sale. To eat.

Note the duck heads in the foreground.

Trying to talk to these guys, bargaining for some food. I love Shann's face in these.

The guy in the background is getting a big kick out of us.

hot baked something
Trying to fit through this market on bikes was a challenge.
On major roads, there is a bike lane, although scooters and an occasional car use it as well.
Babies are carried on bikes, and stuck in various places on scooters. I've seen a few kids napping on the back of motorcycles.

No comments: