Monday, April 20, 2009

a great wall

I apologize for the many pictures in this post. This was Such a beautiful day on the wall. I guess it was pretty unusual to have so few people there. And to boot, it was warm. AND we had to climb thousands of steps to get to this section. So I must show as many pictures as possible!

This doesn't seem quite right with shorts...but try to imagine a wedding gown here (on me).

yes, Lynne and I were rather matching this day, much to Shann's chagrin. :) Although I only borrowed Madelyn's hat for this one picture. We weren't That matching. Without the matching outfits, people already thought we looked quite similar! You know, all white people look alike! :)


So few people on the wall, yet this lady in the background appears at exactly the wrong moment. I think she did it on purpose. :)





This is how we got to the bottom...a very long slide. We're on little wheeled carts. It took us a good 5 or 6 minutes to get to the bottom. So fun.



You can see our guide, Teresa, in the background coming down behind Lynne and Madelyn!

Here are the shops at the bottom. Vendors yelling to you to come into their booth. Exhausting.
There was good bargaining. There was poor bargaining. Ah well, it all evens out, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics! Mom