Saturday, April 4, 2009

Orphanage

Today we visited an orphanage outside the city to play with kids, and help out by painting and gardening.

This is a private orphanage for child with mild handicaps.

This little boy kept trying to get outside by taking people by the hand and leading them out. Shann was not the weakest link, so he moved on to Scott.
Little girls helping carry trash.
We got to dig in the dirt and plant a bunch of flowers. Lynne and Scott enjoyed this greatly as they haven't been able to garden for a couple of years, living here.


Gwen played ball with one of the little girls.
"Naptime" - they were having difficulty keeping their heads down.. I just missed the shot - one of the girls had just popped her head up and made a face at me!

I came out and told Shann to quickly get the car...I got one, and thought maybe I could get her in my purse! :) Ha ha. Customs would be ok with that, right?
View down the 'street' in front of the orphanage.
I pray these kiddos would be able to find their waiting moms and dads soon.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

great photos sarah! please please bring me back a little baby too!!!